5th Annual Arkansas State 5th Grade Math Tournament - January 23, 2021
Archive - Instructions for 2021 Tournament
Welcome to the 5th Annual Arkansas State 5th Grade Math Tournament!
The competition is Saturday, January 23rd, with registration beginning at 9:30 a.m. We’re looking forward to a great tournament this year, even though it has to be virtual. We’ve put together a brief checklist for the competition. Please see the instructions below, and we’ll have a great time (virtually) together.
Technology Note: Many schools, LISA is among them, restrict student email accounts from receiving emails from outside sources. For this reason, we have sent all sponsors who registered an email with a link to this page, and we will be using ZOOM and Google Forms to conduct the exam. Students will log in to the ZOOM link below and join the conference between 9:30 and 9:45 to begin.
Time: Jan 23, 2021 09:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
1. Check-in will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 23, 2021.
2. All contestants will receive a link to the Check-In form in the ZOOM Chat when they arrive.
3. Contestants will complete the form and submit it. The form includes an “Honor Code” statement. After the contestants have submitted the form, they will await the Competition Exam.
1. Students should remain in the ZOOM conference after submitting their Check-In form.
2. Students will remain on the ZOOM conference for the duration of their test. They will need to have their cameras on and remain in frame for the duration of the test.
3. The form containing the Competition Exam will be provided in the ZOOM Conference at 10:00 a.m.
4. The Competition Exam consists of 25 multiple choice questions and three short answer questions. No calculator is allowed on the questions.
5. The exam must be submitted by 11:00 a.m. and so, will be 60 minutes in length.
6. Answers submitted after 11:00 a.m. will not be accepted for the competition.
7. Competitors are not allowed outside help, neither from parents, sponsors, nor websites. The competition is based on the honor system, however any competitors found to rely on external help or calculators will be disqualified.
8. After students have completed the exam and submitted it, they are free to leave the conference.
After the Competition
After the competition, the exams will be graded and students will be notified of their results. Results will also be posted on this site on Monday, January 25th. Awards will be emailed to sponsors to distribute to their students who place in the competition.
Again, thank you for participating in the 5th Annual Arkansas State 5th Grade Math Tournament! If there are difficulties, glitches, or questions, please contact Dr. Durand at email@example.com. If there are technical problems during the test, students can refer questions to the proctor in the ZOOM chat feature.